How to treat toenail fungus? This question is of great concern to people with this disease. Or rather, suffer from it. Fungus on toenails (onychomycosis) can cause discomfort as the appearance of the nails becomes very unsightly. There is no point in applying varnish to sore nails. Learning is better than treating fungus. In addition, there are many drugs that can successfully combat the disease. Let's try to find the most effective treatment for toenail fungus.
Fungi can conquer everyone, which is why it is necessary to know how to deal with this disease.
fungus from the beach
Onychomycosis is easy to get infected. It is sufficient to put on the patient's shoes and walk barefoot on the beach or on the floor of the swimming pool. This fungus prefers humid places with fairly high temperatures. These are bathrooms, saunas, sports fields. But there are also cases where someone in the family becomes the source of infection. That's why it's so important for everyone to have their own slippers and to wear special shoes where there is a suspected infection.
Toenail fungus is usually treated by adults. In children, the disease rarely occurs. The conditions for the development of the disease are:
- a sudden drop in immunity;
- Various diseases (diabetes, obesity, circulation disorders in the legs, etc. );
- Age-related changes in skin and nail acid-base balance.
It is impossible not to notice the fungus on the legs, the nails vary greatly. The color changed from pink to gray, yellow, or green, the plates thickened and chipped, and the lesions were sore and itchy.
But not only the unsightly appearance of the feet is an indication for the treatment of mycosis. As the fungus grows and reproduces, it poisons nearby tissues. Toxic substances accumulate and cause metabolic disturbances that interfere with the normal functioning of the digestive, nervous and cardiovascular systems. Also, if you don't follow the rules of personal hygiene, the controversy will "occupy" new territory.
The fight against the fungus should begin as early as possible and be sure to do so under the supervision of an expert. It is he who will help understand the various means of fighting the disease and choose the right treatment.
The sooner you start fighting a fungal infection, the sooner you can get rid of it.
Cream, varnish or pills?
Methods of treating fungi are divided into several groups. First, pharmacies offer both expensive and affordable medicines. And in this case, cheap means doesn't mean bad.
Second, there are many ways to treat toenail fungus. For this purpose:
- Folk remedies.
But be patient. If you decide to use traditional medicine, you will have to wait a long time for results - months, even a whole year. Ready to take effect quickly? Use complex treatments - topical treatments (varnishes, ointments) plus tablets. Active substances are able to accumulate in tissues, thereby shortening the duration of the disease. But that's exactly what treatment should be under the supervision of a doctor. There are many contraindications to remedies for nail fungus, and their uncontrolled use can negate the effectiveness of the treatment and lead to the further development of the disease.
Varnish is a good remedy for nail fungus in the early stages of the disease. Varnish destroys fungi at the cellular level. They are applied according to the plan and the treatment time is quite long. By the way, it is not forbidden to use one of the commonly used ones on medical varnishes. You can try a special serum, as well as a patch.
Treatment is also recommended, active use of preparations for the removal of the nail plate. The means do not get rid of the fungus, but simply dissolve the affected nail. Before using the funds, the feet must be steamed, then dried and the preparation applied. Try not to touch the skin near the nails. After the time specified in the instructions, remove the cast that seals the finger and scrape off the affected tissue. Perform this procedure until the fungus is completely eliminated.
A fairly effective treatment for fungal diseases - creams, ointments, sprays. There are many of them, each based on active substances:
Pills are the most effective remedy for nail fungus, but also the least safe. Children's age, liver and kidney disease, and taking hormonal drugs are absolute contraindications to taking such drugs.
Your doctor will monitor the effects of treating toenail fungus. Over time, damaged tissue should be replaced by healthy tissue. Complete cure was confirmed in the laboratory. It is necessary to pass the necessary tests and wait for the results. You should also consider the possibility of an allergy to the drug. In this case, another remedy for the fungus must be used.
Unconventional but not useless
The main thing to remember is that walking barefoot on the beach, public swimming pools, showers, etc. is not recommended. These places are a threat to your legs.
In the fight against fungal diseases, all means are good. Some of them are very unexpected. For example, here Creolin is a drug used in veterinary medicine. Feedback on its effectiveness has been positive. It has antiseptic, antiseptic and antiparasitic properties.
Mouthwashes can also help treat fungus. Apple cider vinegar baths, Fukortsin, a mixture of lavender and tea tree essential oils are also used as medicine. Natural oils are required, which means they can't possibly be cheap.
It is good to use folk remedies in combination with medication. Here are some of the most effective methods.
- Treat your nails with tincture of iodine (1 drop is sufficient) morning and evening. The treatment time is 10 days. There may be pain. It should pass within 2-3 days.
- Grind 2 cloves of garlic and mix with butter (100 g). Within a day, treat the feet with the ointment obtained. Repeat every day for a month. Results can be seen within a week of application.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon. l. Add sea salt to 1 liter of hot water. Soak your feet in the solution daily for 2 weeks
- Wet cotton with an alcohol solution of propolis and apply to affected nails for 15 minutes. The program lasts 3 weeks.
- A ring of lemon is cut in two and attached to the affected nail, where it is secured with a bandage and polyethylene. Performing such a procedure for 8-10 days is sufficient.
- Rub kombucha into sore nails daily. The course of treatment is 20 days.
- Mix equal parts chamomile, violets and twine. Pour in a liter of boiling water and let it sit for 2 hours. Wet gauze in the resulting infusion and apply to the nail.
- Grind 100 grams of poplar bark and boil in 0. 5 liters of water. Soar your nails in this soup. Then treat them with a mixture of laundry soap and soda water (1 teaspoon each). Treat daily.
- Mix 1/1 with water 70% vinegar. Add flour. Pin the resulting dough to the nail. The skin should not come into contact with the dough. After a few days, the affected nail will fall off and a healthy nail will grow back.
There are many folk remedies. Many people consider this remedy to be the best way to treat nail fungus.
don't go barefoot
You are unlikely to be 100% protected from nail fungus. But it's worth remembering the precautions, especially since they're not complicated and the drugs are mostly expensive.
Don't try on new shoes barefoot, be sure to wear socks. Wash your feet with soap before bed. Use special shoes for showers, saunas, swimming pools and swimming pools on the beach. If you sweat, use special preparation. Change socks, stockings, tights every day.
This fungus is hard to beat, but very possible.
Like not being infected at all.