Feet are a good breeding ground for pathogens because they spend a lot of time in shoes and sweat a lot. Therefore, mycotic sores are often accompanied by many people. Most often, the delicate skin near the little finger on the bottom of the foot is affected. Also common is nail fungus. However, the most common variety is considered interdigital mycosis, which occurs in both adults and children. The disease spreads through families. Common saunas, bathtubs, swimming pools, and personal hygiene products can all be sources of pathogens. The treatment of pathology is quite long, but the initial stages of pathology are successfully treated at home using medicines and folk remedies.
Causes of fungal diseases
Several factors contribute to the development of unpleasant pathology.
- Excessive sweating of the feet.
- Constantly wear uncomfortable shoes and your skin will melt.
- Violation of hygiene requirements.
- vitamin deficiency.
- Weakened immunity.
- metabolic disease.
- Various skin and medical diseases (diabetes, varicose veins, etc. ).
Fungal disease usually affects young children because their skin is more delicate than that of adults.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Wounds, sores, cuts and microcracks on the legs are a favorable environment for the development of fungal infections.
Symptoms of a fungal infection:
- The initial stage is characterized by reddening of the skin between the fingers, which indicates that inflammation has begun.
- Unbearable itching, peeling, bad smell appear.
- In addition, nails are involved in pathological processes, they turn yellow, fall off.
- The patient has a burning sensation.
- The skin between the fingers becomes wet and looks like a wound that doesn't heal.
- The weeping surface dries up and cracks form in this place.
If you don't start treatment at this stage, the disease goes into a state of neglect, which can lead to complications in the form of bacterial infections.
Getting rid of fungal diseases quickly is nearly impossible. Treatment takes 1 to 3 months, depending on the severity of the pathology. It is necessary to cultivate both internally and externally.
- Internally, systemic antifungal medications are usually prescribed. These funds are available in the form of tablets and capsules. They are effective even in the advanced stages of the disease. It is worth noting that this type of drug has toxic effects on the liver, so it is contraindicated for young children, pregnant and lactating women, and used with caution for the elderly and patients with liver failure.
- Preparations for external use come in the form of ointments, solutions, sprays, creams, and the like. Inexpensive but effective means - ointments containing sulfur and zinc. Special attention is paid to ointments from the allylamine group, as they can be used to treat children over 2 years of age and pregnant women. The advantage of these drugs is that they do not have toxic effects on hepatocytes. The duration of the course of treatment is usually 10 days, followed by a 10-day break before resuming treatment.
Self-selection of medicines is strictly prohibited. If the disease affects all family members, it is necessary to contact a specialist, who will prescribe the appropriate drug for each person.
Most doctors approve the use of folk recipes as part of complex therapy for fungus between the toes:
- Fungal bacteria cannot tolerate salt solutions, so taking a daily bath with sea salt or table salt will not only help fight the disease, but also soften the cuticle of the foot. The procedure should be performed at night. For 3 liters of water, add 50-60 grams of salt.
- A good result is to wipe the affected area with wine vinegar. This should only be done with cotton swabs. Do not rub product with fingers.
- Iodine has excellent antiseptic properties. You can use it twice a day to lubricate the affected area. To prepare a therapeutic bath, dissolve a few drops of iodine in a small amount of water and lower your feet for 15 minutes. The duration of treatment is 14 days. In patients prone to allergic manifestations, reactions may occur, therefore, individual sensitivity tests should be performed before surgery.
- A manganese solution is used to treat areas affected by the fungus. The resulting liquid should be pale pink in color. Wet a cotton swab and lubricate the lesion. The procedure is performed every day before going to bed.
- Soda solution is effective against fungal infections. It is used for daily foot washing instead of regular soap. One popular method is the use of therapeutic soda baths. For 2 liters of water, 2 tablespoons of soda are needed. Dip your feet in the warm solution and hold for 10-15 minutes. The minimum duration of treatment is 2 weeks.
- Onion juice has long been considered the best remedy against fungus. To use it, squeeze the juice from a large onion, dip a cotton swab in it, and apply it to the affected area for a few minutes. To avoid irritation, the composition must be washed off the skin after a certain period of time to achieve the therapeutic effect.
- The combination of tea and vinegar works perfectly against this ailment. To prepare the solution, brew a tablespoon of black tea in a cup of boiling water, cool, strain and add 10 ml of 9% vinegar. It is recommended to use the tool every day before going to bed to lubricate the affected areas of the epidermis.
- The antiseptic properties of boric acid have been used successfully against fungal diseases. The product in powder form can be applied at night as a powder, and the solution can be added to the bath. 20 ml of solution are required for 2 liters of water. Keep your feet in the water for no more than 15 minutes. This drug has its own contraindications and is not suitable for the treatment of children, pregnant women, patients with renal insufficiency.
- The combination of glycerin and vinegar has a good therapeutic effect. Ingredients are mixed in equal proportions in a glass container. Apply the solution daily to the affected area with a cotton swab.
- Based on vinegar and glycerin, you can prepare homemade ointment. For this, you need to take a tablespoon of olive oil, dimethyl phthalate, vinegar and glycerin. All ingredients should be mixed thoroughly and applied overnight to affected epidermal areas. Wash off with soap in the morning.
- Lard-based ointment formulations are popular. To obtain it, you need to mix 50 grams of fat, 15 grams of birch tar, 10 grams of sulfur powder, melt the mixture in a water bath and apply it daily to the area of inflammation.
- The healing properties of propolis will help to get rid of this problem forever. The formula consists of 100ml of medicinal alcohol and 50g of propolis. Carefully vary the composition and apply in thick layers to the affected areas. For the best results, it is necessary to wrap the feet with a film and wear socks made of natural fabric. At the beginning of the treatment, the skin condition will worsen, but after completing the whole course of treatment, the treatment effect will be obvious. People who are allergic to bee products should not use this tool.
- Honey-based healing salve. To prepare it, you need to take 30g of honey, 10g of apple cider vinegar and 20ml of eucalyptus essential oil. Mix ingredients thoroughly and let sit for 3 days. Apply the ointment to the affected epidermis daily for 2 weeks.
- Sea salt and crushed mint leaves in a 1: 2 compress work well for this ailment. Apply at night.
- A simple recipe consists of rubbing the feet with garlic juice daily until full recovery.
- In the evening, gruel made from fresh burdock leaves must be applied to the painful area, fixed with a bandage or put on socks.
- The application of infusion of celandine and spirea in a ratio of 2: 1 is effective. The duration of treatment with this drug is 14 days. This recipe should be used with caution, as celandine is a poisonous plant that can cause allergic reactions.
- Traditional healers recommend potato baths to combat fungus. To do this, the skins of the vegetables are boiled in a large amount of water, the stock is removed, and the legs are steamed in the resulting broth. The duration of the procedure is at least 30 minutes. The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the pathology, usually 2 weeks.
Many folk recipes allow everyone to choose what is right for them. Home remedies are only allowed after consulting your doctor. The individual's sensitivity to the chosen folk remedy must be tested.