The question of how to cure nail fungus with folk remedies worries many people who encounter the disease for the first time. This is not surprising. The disease caused a lot of inconvenience to patients and their families, who had to take certain measures to prevent infection.
Before choosing how to treat nail fungus in an unconventional way, you need to know that this treatment is only effective in the first stage of the disease.In other cases, you need medication.
Considering how to treat nail fungus with folk remedies, we will analyze the most effective of them.
Treating fungus with folk remedies is usually done with the help of iodine. This is natural. The tool folds proteins and thus destroys them. But the pathogens of fungal diseases have protein structures.
Consider how to treat toenail fungus with folk remedies in this situation.
Variations in iodine use:
- To treat toenail fungus, you should take a small basin, fill it with hot water, pour in iodine, and put your foot on it for 11 minutes. At the end of the treatment, it is necessary to cut off the dead elements of the nails and treat the skin near them with hydrogen peroxide. At the end of the procedure, an antibacterial ointment should be applied to the treated area and secured with a bandage.
- For a quick cure for fungus on toenails, you should take Castellani liquid and treat the affected area with it. Treatment should be given twice a day for 14 days. After the prescribed period, the remedy must be replaced with iodine (2 weeks) and the latter with 9% vinegar (2 weeks).
- To treat fungus on your legs, you should take a 5% iodine solution and apply it to the affected surface. The procedure must be performed twice a day, and the unaffected nails should also be applied. Treatment in the latter case takes place every two days.
- Another quick cure for a fungal infection is to use a mixture of iodine, acetic acid, chloronitrophenol, and garlic juice. The ingredients should be mixed in the same proportions and the resulting mixture should be applied to the steamed nail plate. Need to be treated at night before going to bed.
Sometimes folk remedies for nail fungus include the combined use of a solution of salt and iodine. When cooking, you need to take a liter of hot water and dilute 2 tablespoons. l. Pharmacy-bought sea salt and a tablespoon of store-bought table salt, then pour the mixture into a small bowl. In a tub prepared in this way, you should put your feet. After half an hour, you need to take scissors and cut the dead elements off your nails. Then wash the limbs with laundry soap and treat the affected area with iodine. Also, the product should be applied three times on the nails.
The procedure should be performed daily for 30 days.
Before using this drug, you should pay attention to:
- keep away from all types of fungi;
- leads to the development of allergic reactions and dermatitis;
- paint your nails yellow;
- cause thyroid dysfunction;
- Can be used exclusively on small lesions (up to 1/3 of the nail).
It's no secret that acidic environments destroy the pathogens of fungal diseases. As a result, vinegar therapy has gained incredible popularity among those who want to deal with them. Consider how to treat nail fungus with this medication:
- To treat nail fungus, you should take 9% vinegar, apply it to your nails, and put something on your feet. A variation of this method is to lubricate the diseased nail and skin with a solution of iodine and vinegar, mixed in equal proportions. Treat every day before going to bed.
- Vinegar lotion. Used in the treatment of nail fungus as follows. Dip a cotton swab in vinegar, squeeze out and spread over the surface of the nail so that it does not go beyond the edge of the nail. After that, the tampon needs to be put in a cast and socks are put on the foot. Treatment was performed once a day for 7 days. After the designated time, take a 2-3 day break and repeat the session.
A variation of this method is to prepare an emulsion of 2 tablespoons vinegar, protein from 3 eggs, and 2 tablespoons. l. Vodka.
A cotton swab dipped in the resulting product is applied to the affected nail plate daily. The duration of treatment is six months to one year.
Another option for soaking a tampon is to mix olive oil or any other oil with table or apple cider vinegar and take it in the same proportions. Treat daily until nails are renewed.
Soda is no less popular than iodine or vinegar. Consider how to treat toenail fungus with this substance.
- Soap and soda bath. Put 3 tablespoons of regular baking soda and ground laundry soap in 7 liters of hot water and mix. Pour the solution thus prepared into a small basin and place the legs in it. After a quarter of an hour, the dead element of the nail was severed. Then, an antifungal medication is applied to the treated area. Treatments were performed 2 times a week.
- Soda paste. A folk method of treating nail fungus with this remedy involves dissolving a certain amount of soda, enough to work it into a paste. A slurry prepared in this way should be applied to the affected area. Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice over the baking soda. After five minutes, the paste must be removed and the extremities washed with warm water and laundry soap.
As you know, kombucha, steeped in sweet tea for a week, allows you to prepare a therapeutic drink that has a great taste and is used to treat a variety of ailments. That's why treating nail fungus with folk remedies involves using it in preparation for rubbing and compressing. Rubbing involves cleaning the fungus, grinding it up and rubbing it into the affected tissue several times a day.
Compressed as follows. Peel off a layer from the fungus and soak in clean water for 12 hours. Before going to bed, apply a portion of the soaked fungus to your nail plate and wrap your fingers with cellophane. Put a few socks on your feet after you've done the designated movements. This procedure takes place every day.
In the morning, remove the compress and rinse the legs with warm water to remove dead tissue fragments. Injured surfaces are treated with manganese permanganate or a bright green concentrated solution.
Treatment was repeated for 10 days.
tar and soap
Birch tar, a substance obtained during the distillation of birch bark, is successfully used as a preservative and anti-inflammatory agent. Consider how to treat toenail fungus with tar. And, first of all, we note that the treatment of nail plate mycosis with the specified substance means that it can be used both in its pure form and as part of an ointment.
When using pure tar, the latter applies to pre-steamed and treated feet (nails must be trimmed and dead skin removed). For half an hour after the procedure, care should be taken to rest - during this time do not put things on the feet and move (if there is air, the tar must seep into the tissue). After soaking the ointment, put on cotton or linen socks and do not take them off for several days. After the designated time, wash the feet with soap in cold water and repeat the treatment.
To prepare an ointment that will get you rid of mycosis, you need to take a greasy base, such as a children's cream, and mix it with tar. At the beginning of treatment, the concentration of tar in the medicine should not exceed 5%, and it should reach 20% at the end of treatment.
A variation of the described remedy is tar sulfur ointment, which consists of a mixture of sulfur powder, tar and children's cream in a ratio of 2: 3: 10. The ingredients are heated and mixed well, and the finished product is applied to the affected nail and hidden under the patch.
Also, you can treat with a speaker consisting of 50ml tar, 50ml glycerin, 70ml alcohol. The ingredients are mixed in a dark glass vessel and the finished product is applied to the affected area several times a day.
If you don't want to prepare an ointment or talker, you can take a tar soap with about 10% tar.
In the treatment of nail fungus, it can be applied as follows:
- Tar soda mixture. To prepare the product, dilute 1 tablespoon of ground soap in water, add 2 teaspoons of soda water and mix well. The mixture from these actions should be rubbed into the affected nail. Treat with a hard toothbrush once a day.
- Soap with salt. To treat nail plate fungus, the feet should be properly blistered, then sprinkled with salt and bandaged. Remove the bandage in the morning and wash your feet with warm water.
How to Treat Nail Fungus
Although folk remedies for toenail fungus can yield certain results in some cases, you shouldn't rely on them entirely - this may worsen the course of the disease. Depending on the type of pathogen and the severity of the disease, treatment with traditional medicines prescribed by a doctor may be more effective. And, of course, you shouldn't be running errands - the treatment will be long in this case.